Saturday, September 19, 2015

Frozen (Melissa de la Cruz) review

This review originally appeared on Goodreads
Date Read: October 2014
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

I picked this up on a whim while at work (say that five times fast, ha!) and I was not disappointed.

I couldn't pick just one cover... They're all so pretty!
Ryan Wesson is a runner, ex-military, picking up odd jobs so that he can feed his crew. Nat Kestal is a blackjack dealer with a secret, trying to ignore the voice in the back of her mind that tells her things she doesn't want to hear. When Nat finds a sudden need to find the mystical Blue -- the land where everything is green and nothing is polluted -- Wes is just the guy to get her there. What they don't count on, however, are turncoats, mystical maps, and falling in love.

I really enjoyed this book. It's yet another YA dystopia, but it's different in that Nat and Wes aren't trying to stage a total coup -- they just want out. I found myself tuning out at times, then getting confused with the action. I had to go back and reread portions because all of the sudden things were happening and I couldn't remember the build up! Overall, it's a good read, and I preordered the second book (Stolen, haven't read it yet!), so it's definitely worth your time!


No comments:

Post a Comment